- Free notary services are available for GW employees at the Faculty & Staff Service Center.
- Faculty and staff have up to five days per year of GW’s Backup Family Care for children, adults, and the elderly.
- Motherhood rooms are available on all campuses for breastfeeding mothers, including one in Gelman Library, which is reserved for LAI staff-only.
- GW offers a free smoking cessation program, Quit For Life, that includes personalized coaching and nicotine replacement therapy.
- Participants have the opportunity to earn financial incentives for participating in GW's Healthy Pregnancy Program.
- The Health Advocate benefit, paid by GW, offers a team of personal health advocates (PHAs), typically registered nurses, supported by medical directors and benefits and claims specialists, to help you and your family ease the burden of caregiving for elderly parents or loved ones.
- The Department of Exercise Science offers free exercise classes to GW faculty and staff.
- GW offers free seasonal flu shots to faculty and staff during open enrollment.
- The GW Music Department regularly offers performances that are free and open to the public on both the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses.
GW Employee Discounts:
GW employees can save 10% on tuition at KinderCare® Learning Centers, Champions® Before-and After-School Programs and participating CCLC® Child Care Centers across the U.S.
Cell-phone providers including AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon are offering mobile discounts of up to 18% for service and 25% for accessories to GW Staff, Faculty, and Students. Already have a mobile plan with one of our three providers? Well, it is never too late to say "I'm from GW" to get the GW discount on your plan. For more information on this great GW benefit, visit Procurement & Travel Services.
GW faculty and staff are eligible for a discounted Capital Bikeshare annual membership of only $25. Enjoy all the perks of Capital Bikeshare membership for less than 50 cents a week!
Receive a 10% discount on textbooks, gifts, general books, clothing and supplies at the GW Bookstore. Show your GWorld card to obtain discounts.
Enjoy a standard room with breakfast for $189 Monday – Wednesday or just $69 Thursday – Sunday at the Marriott Courtyard Dulles Town Center. Go to the Marriott website to take advantage of the discount, or call 1-800-228-9290.
Receive $2 off one-way trips and $5 off round-trips from 29 airports nationwide with SuperShuttle. In order to take advantage of the discount, visit the SuperShuttle website and enter GW’s discount code “GCJ8R”.
Located in historic Foggy Bottom, the George Washington University Inn offers GW employees discounted lodging rates. For more information, please call 1-800-426-4455.
GW faculty and staff wishing to join a gym may be eligible for special discounted memberships.
Zipcar offers discounted annual membership of $25 and discounted hourly rates. Already have an account? Give Zipcar a call to upgrade your account or contact Mike McFarland at 202-821-8102 or email@example.com with your existing Zipcard number. If you have any questions or concerns, call 1-866-4ZIPCAR (if you’re not a member yet, hit option 3 for more info followed by 1 to speak to a representative).
The Wellbeing Hotline is a one-stop-shop for help with personal issues, planning for life events, or simply managing daily life. Some of the services provided through the Wellbeing Hotline:
- Providing qualified referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving and relocation, making major purchases, college planning, pet care, and home repair.
- No-cost counseling services to help you address stress, relationship and other personal issues you and your family may face. It is staffed by highly trained master’s and doctoral level clinicians who will listen to your concerns and quickly refer you to in-person counseling and other resources.
- Speak by phone with an attorney, Certified Public Accountants, or Certified Financial Planners on a wide range of legal and financial issues. You also have access to free online will preparation services that allows you to quickly and easily write a will on your computer.
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- HR & Professional Development
- GW Libraries Staff Information
- Gelman Library Building Spaces
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts
- Alma Transition