All LAI staff must use the PurelyHR leave system to submit and manage leave requests. Submitting leave on the PurelyHR calendar keeps staff and management aware of the absence of employees in order to make operational adjustments during the leave period as well as provides an easy tracking system.
Review the department's leave request guidelines.
Documentation for Signing in to the System
- Access the system at go.gwu.edu/gwleave.
- At the bottom of the sign-in page, click Sign in with Google.
- If you're using a browser in which you're already signed into your university email account, you will automatically go to the Calendar page.
- If you're using a browser in which you're signed into multiple Google accounts, you will need to select your [email protected] account.
- If you're using a browser that is not signed into any Google account, you will see a Google sign-in page asking for your email. Use [email protected]. This takes you to the GW Single Sign-on page to complete the process of signing in.
- To request leave, click Time-Off Request in the left navigation bar.
- Select whether you plan to take a Full Day, Partial Day, or Multiple Days.
- Select from the drop-down what type of request you're making.
- After selecting the date(s) and time, click Submit Request to view the confirmation page. You can provide a comment on the confirmation page if you wish to provide more context for the request.
- Click Confirm Request to submit the request to your manager for approval. You will receive an email from the system once your manager has approved your request. Additionally, in your Time-Off Summary, the request will move from Pending to Approved.
- You may edit or cancel a pending request by clicking on the request in the Calendar view or in the Show Side right sidebar menu. You will need to provide a comment as to why you are canceling the pending request.
- You may cancel an approved request by clicking on the request in the Calendar view or in the Time-Off Summary, accessed in the left sidebar. You will need to provide a comment as to why you are canceling the approved request.
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- HR & Professional Development
- GW Libraries Staff Information
- Library Building Spaces
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts
- Alma Transition
- Technology Assistance