The Instructional Design team is a centralized resource for faculty who are designing and developing online courses.
The team consists of instructional designers who partner with faculty across the university to:
- Identify the best way to present course materials online to facilitate faculty online presence and voice.
- Create visual consistency and organization throughout the online course.
- Produce high-quality media, such as graphics and video.
- Identify and utilize technology that will help students meet learning outcomes.
- Address the course from the student’s perspective.
- Develop online courses that are sustainable and easy to maintain and update for subsequent semesters.
- Ensure that the course meets widely-accepted quality standards and all content is fully accessible to all learners.
The Instructional Design team supports faculty with:
- Applying tested instructional theories, practices, and methods into curriculum.
- Adapting classroom exercises and activities to enhance learning online environments.
- Integrating new technology into teaching and learning.
- Media development and processes.
- Project management of the online course development process.
The team can provide consultations, trainings, and resources to faculty aimed at strengthening online course design.
For more information about this team, please contact Maddy Kadish, Director, Instructional Design.
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Academic Commons
- Communications, Outreach, and Events
- Center for Undergraduate Fellowships and Research
- Financial Operations and Administration
- Human Resources
- Access Services
- Digital Services
- Eckles Library
- Global Resources Center
- National Churchill Library and Center
- Research and User Services
- Resource Description Group
- Resource Sharing and Course Reserves
- Scholarly Technology
- Serial and Electronic Resources
- Special Collections Research Center
- Virginia Science & Technology Campus Library
- Faculty Development
- Instructional Technology Lab
- Instructional Design
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- HR & Professional Development
- Library Information
- Library Building Spaces
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts
- Technology Assistance
- Web Content Editing Guidelines