Responsible for effective and consistent human resources management, the Human Resources team provides support for the division’s professional development, payroll, recruitment, and other human resources activities. The team provides resources for GWLAI staff to manage performance; hire students, staff, and librarians; and take advantage of the benefits offered to university employees.
GW is committed to offering its employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Compliance and Policies
Policies at GW are created and maintained with the purpose of encouraging a culture of ethical, social, professional and legal behavior. Policies serve to communicate GW’s vision, mission and strategic plan while protecting its people and reputation.
Visit the Payroll website to view the payroll calendars and forms, learn how to understand and view your paycheck, review information about the time reporting system, and take advantage of commuter benefits.
- Student Employment at GW
- Hiring GW Students
- Review Student Position Descriptions
- LAI Employee Hire Form
- Student Employment Application (PDF)
- Completing the I-9 Process (includes link to I-9 form)
- Worksheet for Tracking FWS Hours/Earnings for GW Student Employees
- Manual for GW Student Employees (PDF)
- Performance Review for GW Student Employees (PDF)
- Clarifying Expectations for GW Student Employees (PDF)
- Additional Resources for GW Student Employers
- Recruiting and Hiring Staff Positions
- Search Committee Procedures: Professional Librarian Positions (PDF)
- About the Performance Management Process
- Performance Management at GW Fundamentals (PDF)
- Performance Management: Writing Effective Self-Assessments (PDF)
For information on requesting and managing paid time off and leave, please visit Human Resources' Leave of Absence site.
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- HR & Professional Development
- GW Libraries Staff Information
- Library Building Spaces
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts
- Technology Assistance