Responsible for effective and consistent human resources management, the Human Resources team provides support for the division’s professional development, payroll, recruitment, and other human resources activities. The team provides resources for GWLAI staff to manage performance; hire students, staff, and librarians; and take advantage of the benefits offered to university employees.
GW is committed to offering its employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Compliance and Policies
Policies at GW are created and maintained with the purpose of encouraging a culture of ethical, social, professional and legal behavior. Policies serve to communicate GW’s vision, mission and strategic plan while protecting its people and reputation.
Visit the Payroll website to view the payroll calendars and forms, learn how to understand and view your paycheck, review information about the time reporting system, and take advantage of commuter benefits.
- Student Employment at GW
- Hiring GW Students
- LAI Employee Hire Form (green form) (PDF)
- Student Employment Application
- Completing the I-9 Process (includes link to I-9 form)
- Student Job Offer Letter
- Student Job Offer Letter - International Hires
- Student Rate Change Letter
- Post student positions on Handshake. If you do not have an profile, complete the Request New Handshake Account form.
- Recruiting and Hiring Staff Positions
- Search Committee Procedures: Professional Librarian Positions (PDF)
- About the Performance Management Process
- Performance Management at GW Fundamentals (PDF)
- Performance Management: Writing Effective Self-Assessments (PDF)
- Paid Time Off Request Form (PDF)
- Work and Leave Record Template (PDF) (For tracking annual and sick leave)
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- HR & Professional Development
- GW Libraries Staff Information
- Gelman Library Building Spaces
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts
- Alma Transition