The goal of this site is to provide an online, extensible staff resource that contains reliable, up to date, authoritative documentation and forms to assist Libraries staff in conducting their day to day activities. This resource is intended to replace much of the routine administrative content currently on the K: drive. It is also intended to replace the multitude of local version of forms and other materials that staff members have downloaded to their own computers as convenience copies.
We hope you find this a useful tool and one that makes your worklife easier. These pages are just scaffolding on which to place additional resources that staff indicate they need.
To let the GWLAI web team know if new resources should be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computers & Technology
For help with staff or patron workstations, software, and IT services:
Submit a ticket to Library Information Technology
Many technology questions can be answered on the Division of IT website, or using GWiz system. The GWiz system can answer most questions regarding using the phone system, including setting up and using voicemail and conference calls.
- Conference Calls
- WebEx for Faculty and Staff
- Instructions for Installing VPN
- Instructions for Guest (non-NetID users) Wireless
Damaged Book Process
Faculty Publishing Alerts
Instructions for setting up Google Scholar Faculty Publishing Alerts:
*Note: The "author profile page" that is referred to is explained in another tab of the same guide.
Instructions for setting up Web of Science Faculty Publishing Alerts:
- Sign in to Web of Science. If you do not have an account, please create one.
- Click on Search to go to Basic Search
- Select Author Search from drop-down menu on the right
- In search box, enter author’s last name and first name (or initial)
- Click Select Research Domain and select relevant research domain(s)
- Click Select Organization and select relevant institution(s)
- Click Finish Search
- Under Results on left, top part of page, click Create Alert
- Create a Search History Name (ex: the author’s name)
- Make sure E-mail Alerts is checked; you can change Frequency of alerts to be Weekly or Monthly
- Click Save
- FY2017 Organizational Goals
- GWLAI Departments and Organization
- Gelman Library Building Spaces
- Senior Leadership Team
- Communications and Events
- Finance Division
- Human Resources
- GW Libraries Staff Information
- Information in Case of Emergencies
- Statistics and Facts